The Smiley Account is a savings account in US dollars (USD), for children aged 0 to 12 years old.
How to open a Smiley Account
To be a Smiley Minor Account holder, you must:
- Have the child's legal representative open the account
- 2 color passport photos for the minor and 2 color passport photos for the child's legal representative
- Have the child's birth certificate
- Make a minimum deposit of USD 50 at the opening of the account
What are the benefits of the Smiley Account?
There are multiple benefits offered:
- No account management fees
- 2.5% annual interest (5% if no withdrawal during the year)
- The bank offers you a welcome gift of 10 USD at the opening of the account for any child under 10 years old
What transactions can I carry out with the Smiley Account?
The following transactions are allowed through the Smiley Account:
- Deposit at the counter
- Withdrawal at the counter
- Leveling from parent or guardian account to child's account