The story begins in 1922…
For four generations, the Rawji family has been investing in the DRC.
Aware of the potential of the country, which is centrally located in Africa and rich in human and economic resources, the members of the Rawji family have strengthened their presence to help the country develop its leading role at the heart of the world economy.
The Rawji Group's assets:
… 80 years later Rawbank was born.
Thanks to its in-depth knowledge of the market and the needs of economic operators, the Rawji family decided to invest in the banking sector.
This is how Rawbank was born in 2002.
Its objective? To give its clients in DRC – companies and individuals – access to the most modern techniques, services, and products of the banking and financial sectors, hence the relevance of its slogan:
"RAWBANK is my bank".
Key dates of RAWBANK
Creation of Rawbank, the first bank to offer SWIFT services in Congo.
Provision of international Mastercard credit cards.
First agreements with IFC (World Bank), followed by agreements with Proparco, AFD, AfDB, EIB, Shelter Afrique and the MPF.
Launch of the Lady's First program for women entrepreneurs and opening of a representative office in Brussels, then in Beijing in 2015.
Launch of an offer dedicated to SMEs with 2 products (supplier credit and distributor credit), called Facturis.
Rawbank becomes the leader of the Congolese banking market.
In the face of competition, RAWBANK has established itself as the leader in the Congolese banking market with an average market share of 18 to 19%. It received the Moody's Investors Service rating, a first in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Rawbank passed the $1 billion mark in total assets. The bank has 80 bank branches covering all provinces of the country.
Fifteen years of Rawbank. 1 billion dollars in deposits. Launch of the digital product illicocash.
Inauguration of the new headquarters, the Atrium, in Kinshasa; AfDB financing.
Publication of the first CSR report "Operating sustainably and responsibly".
Rawbank launches the first international standard trading room in DRC.
Rawbank celebrates its 20th anniversary and reaffirms its objectives
Building a great and strong Congo together’
" To be a strong and innovative bank, providing unparalleled quality service, agile and with strong profitability ".
To achieve this vision, we have missions, which we must accomplish daily.
Our vision is the basis of our objectives:
- To deliver innovative and quality service
- Attract and retain competent employees
- Attract and secure quality partners
Through this vision, we want to:
- Share responsibility to achieve sustainable goals
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
- Involve each employee in the company's processes
- Develop interdependence and team spirit, key factors of our success
- Reinforce motivation and especially self-motivation
This vision sublimates our management and leadership practices.
It expresses Rawbank’s entrepreneurial culture.
The commitment of our agents reflects their FAITH in the future of the bank:
- INVOLVEMENT expresses the team spirit
- COMMITMENT strengthens COMMUNICATION.
- COMMUNICATION enables the achievement of growth RESULTS. de croissance.
Rawbank’s values are expressed in FOUR key points:
- Respect in relationships and communication
- Excellence as a standard of competence
- Courage in commitment
- Perseverance in effort.
"Thinking Big for Congo" is based on these values. They represent our ability to be leaders in the banking industry and our adaptability to change to meet new challenges for the benefit of our customers.
The individual values of Rawbank members are: family, work, justice, life, success, exploration, and trust.
Rawbank is a gas pedal of inclusive growth. Our mission is to respond to several challenges that allow us to sustain this growth, which is virtuous for the company but also for the Congolese:
- Putting the customer at the center of all our decisions;
- To offer the greatest number of services adapted to their needs;
- Fully integrate digital technology into our development strategy;
- Focus on human capital through our employees.
Between now and 2025, our objectives will focus on five strategic areas that will guide all of our actions. It is therefore essential to understand them, to appropriate them and apply them.
The 5 strategic axes are summarized as follows :
Excel in customer service
- Accompany our clients in the digital integration of all aspects of their financial activities.
- Develop our businesses to improve the customer experience.
Optimize the operational model
- Promote a meritocratic corporate culture oriented towards the search for simplicity and efficiency.
To be part of the long term
- Preserve the solidity of the balance sheet through appropriate risk management.
- Operating in the DRC in a sustainable and responsible..